Your membership in the Bettencourt's Taekwondo America Black Belt Club opens up a whole new world for your growth as a martial artist. By fully utilizing your privileges of membership, you will accelerate your learning, strengthen the personal development attributes inherent in training at this level, and most of all, move yourself into the inner circle of your school. Our Traditional Takwon-Do program is an exciting activity that has a powerful impact on the lives of its practitioners. However, that impact is in direct proportion to the level of personal commitment the student makes to earning a Black Belt.
- The Black Belt have high personal standards.
- Black Belts have high levels of self-confidence in their ability to follow through and get the job done despite obstacles.
- Black Belts have razor sharp focus and concentration skills.
- Black Belts are secure in their ability to take care of themselves and do not fell the need to show off or brag.
- Black Belts are trained in an atmosphere of respect and courtesy.
- Black Belts develop intense levels of self-discipline and self-control that aid them in all areas of achievement.
- Black Belts finish jobs. The world is full of great starters, the Black Belt club realizes that it is the completion of the final 10-15% of a project that separates the best of us from the rest of us.
- Black Belts are healthy, coordinated people who value their physical and mental well being. They are less apt to fall into abusive habits that might threaten their sense of wellness.
- Black Belts are leaders. Leadership is an important aspect of advanced training in the martial arts.
- Black Belts place a strong value on contribution and service to others. Black Belt training teaches that we can have anything in life as long as we help others achieve what they want in life.
Your instructors are experts in determining which students have the necessary attributes to become Black Belts. The first attribute is the Black Belt attitude. The Black Belt attitude is an attitude of positive self expectancy. It's the never-quit attitude of a winner. Students with the Black Belt attitude maintain high levels of personal standards in and out of Bettencourt's Taekwon-Do America.
The second attribute is attendance. Good attendance shows discipline. The discipline necessary to follow through and stick with your goals. This is critical as the road to Black Belt is marked with small, incremental improvements that, when achieved consistently, gain enormous momentum leading to fantastic mental and physical breakthroughs. We realize that we cannot change any one technique or improve any one area of our lives 100% overnight. Instead we seek to improve 100 areas, 1% per week. This law of incremental learning is accomplished only with consistent class attendance.
The final (and in many ways the most important) attribute is a commitment to earning your Black Belt. At a Bettencourt's Taekwon-Do America Black Belt Club school, your instructors have two levels of students. The first is the novice who is in the midst of their introduction to the world of martial arts. This student is considered a trial student and as such is only permitted to attend a limited number of classes per week and is not permitted to learn certain (more advanced) techniques. These techniques and skills are reserved for the second level of student, the Bettencourt's Taekwon-Do America Black Belt Club students. This status is only achieved through the commitment to earning a Black Belt. These students have demonstrated their long term commitment to the instructor and the school as designated by their membership in the Bettencourt's Taekwon-Do America Black Belt Club. In turn, the instructors can, with confidence, commit to advance training with these students.
By recommending you into the Bettencourt's Taekwon-Do America Black Belt Club, your instructors have determined that you have the attributes necessary to earn your Black Belt. They are willing to commit to providing you with the leadership, the guidance and the skills to get you there. The rest is up to you.
Please set an appointment for a conference with your instructor as soon as possible to review these issues. Your instructor will review your program and outline the special tuition arrangements for advanced training in the Bettencourt's Taekwon-Do America Black Belt Club. Understand that membership is a family decision. Everyone in the family should see the many benefits of the training and be supportive of the goal of achieving a Black Belt.
- Unlimited weekly training
- Cross-Training with Taekwon-Do and Hapkido
- Weapons Training
- Able to wear red Black Belt Club uniform
- Discounts on all special events and Pro Shop sales.
- Special seminars and workouts.
- Special Black Belt Club patch.
- Participation in The Black Belt Club Achievement Program.
- Certificate of membership designating your achievement.
- Increased enthusiasm with accomplishment and commitment to Black Belt goals
- Increased confidence in handling problems and pressures at school, home and work
- Greater respect for self and others through membership in a select group.